LawGlobal Hub is your innovative global resource of law and more. We ensure easy accessibility to the laws of countries around the world, among others.
N.B. We are making efforts to ensure that the laws provided at this Hub are updated to their latest amendments. If you run into any stone left unturned, kindly contact us at email@example.com.
- Top Law Firms in Nigeria (info, career, intern, contact)A Law firm is a business enterprise formed by one or more lawyers to render legal services to clients. The legal services rendered by a law firm signify the area of specialization of its incumbent lawyers. In Nigeria, many law firms specialize in litigation, while others focus on corporate or commercial transactions. There are others, even, who may combine the … Continue reading Top Law Firms in Nigeria (info, career, intern, contact)
- Ultimate Guide to CAC Registration in Nigeria – Faith AdesiyanCAC REGISTRATION IN NIGERIA Want to know about CAC registrations in Nigeria? Company incorporation, Business name, TIN, Incorporated Trustee etc.? Stick with me! We have recommended a verified lawyer for you. The Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) is an independent body. It is saddled with the responsibility of regulating the formation and management of companies, businesses, churches, mosques and non-governmental organizations. … Continue reading Ultimate Guide to CAC Registration in Nigeria – Faith Adesiyan
- Criminal Liability of Corporate Entities (Companies) in Nigeria – Inioluwa OlaposiCriminal Liability of Corporate Entities in Nigeria and Other Jurisdictions Previously at Common law, it was believed that corporate entities cannot be liable for criminal offences, because they lack any mental calculations for the satisfaction of mens rea, neither can they be subjected to imprisonment of corporal punishment. Corporate entities were only criminally liable for acts of nonfeasance. Later, it … Continue reading Criminal Liability of Corporate Entities (Companies) in Nigeria – Inioluwa Olaposi
- Osun High Court (Civil) Rules 2008 (as amended) PDFOsun State High Court (Civil Procedure) Rules 2008 (as amended) PDF Date of commencement: 2ND DAY OF JANUARY, 2008. In exercise of the powers conferred on me by section 274 of the Constitution of theFederal Republic of Nigeria 1999, and of all other powers enabling me in that behalf I, Hon, Justice FASASI OLANIYI OGUNSOLA, (OFR) Chief Judge of the … Continue reading Osun High Court (Civil) Rules 2008 (as amended) PDF
- Criminal Liability in Nigeria (Actus Reus, Mens Rea) – Inioluwa OlaposiCriminal Liability in Nigeria Generally speaking, an offence is made up of two elements, required for commission and liability. These are the physical element (actus reus) and mental element (mens rea). Although the later may refer to two concepts – men rea as an element of an offence to be proven for culpability in every offence, or the English doctrine … Continue reading Criminal Liability in Nigeria (Actus Reus, Mens Rea) – Inioluwa Olaposi
- Corporate Crime (Crimes, Liability, Theories) – Inioluwa OlaposiCrimes and Criminal Responsibility Crimes, often considered public, are frowned at in every society. Every conduct that pose significant threat to the inhabitant of any community is treated with serious consideration, and carefulness. Little wonder the prohibition of crimes flow with attending consequences. According to Richard Quinney , an American sociologist, “crime is a definition of human conduct that is … Continue reading Corporate Crime (Crimes, Liability, Theories) – Inioluwa Olaposi
- Corporate Liability in Civil Matters (NG) – Inioluwa OlaposiN.B. This article is particular to Nigeria Corporate Liability in Civil Matters The liability of a corporate entity in a civil matter can be easily determined, as this is not as stringent as in criminal proceedings. The burden of proof in a civil matter is on the basis of probability. But the guilt of an accused in a criminal proceeding must be … Continue reading Corporate Liability in Civil Matters (NG) – Inioluwa Olaposi
- A Company as a Legal entity (NG) – Inioluwa OlaposiN.B. This article is particular to Nigeria A Company as a Legal entity In modern times, the concept of ‘a person’ has gone beyond the gender classification of male, female, or groups of any other biological or scientific identity. The conduct of commercial transactions and its resultant effects have produced an expediency for the existence of a body distinct from … Continue reading A Company as a Legal entity (NG) – Inioluwa Olaposi
- Laws of Nigeria (Constitution, Codes, Land Use Act etc.)The Laws of Nigeria are divided majorly into Federal and State laws. In Nigeria, Bicameral legislation exists at the Federal level and unicameral legislation at the States. The Federal Legislature makes law for the whole federation. It is made up of the Senate and the House of Representatives. These are jointly called the National Assembly. The House of Assembly is … Continue reading Laws of Nigeria (Constitution, Codes, Land Use Act etc.)
- Regulation of Banking Business in Nigeria (Importance) – Inioluwa OlaposiImportance of Regulation to the Banking Business Over the years, the banking environment has faced periodical challenges that have culminated, or threatened to culminate, in its lack of efficiency and operational failure. In reference to the early development of the banking system, history has remarked that to have the banking business largely unregulated is a definite way to prepare it … Continue reading Regulation of Banking Business in Nigeria (Importance) – Inioluwa Olaposi