Article 32 Uganda Constitution 1995
Article 32 of the Uganda Constitution 1995 is under Chapter Four (Protection and promotion of fundamental and other human rights and freedoms) of the Constitution. Article 32 is about Affirmative action in favour of marginalised groups.
(1) Notwithstanding anything in this Constitution, the State shall take affirmative action in favour of groups marginalised on the basis of gender, age, disability or any other reason created by history, tradition or custom, for the purpose of redressing imbalances which exist against them.
(2) Laws, cultures, customs and traditions which are against the dignity, welfare or interest of women or any other marginalised group to which clause (1) relates or which undermine their status, are prohibited by this Constitution.
(3) There shall be a Commission called the Equal Opportunities Commission whose composition and functions shall be determined by an Act of Parliament.
(4) The Equal Opportunities Commission shall be established within one year after the coming into force of the Constitution (Amendment) Act, 2005.
(5) Parliament shall make laws for the purpose of giving full effect to this article.