Article 33 Uganda Constitution 1995
Article 33 of the Uganda Constitution 1995 is under Chapter Four (Protection and promotion of fundamental and other human rights and freedoms) of the Constitution. Article 33 is about Rights of women.
(1) Women shall be accorded full and equal dignity of the person with men.
(2) The State shall provide the facilities and opportunities necessary to enhance the welfare of women to enable them to realise their full potential and advancement.
(3) The State shall protect women and their rights, taking into account their unique status and natural maternal functions in society.
(4) Women shall have the right to equal treatment with men and that right shall include equal opportunities in political, economic and social activities.
(5) Without prejudice to article 32 of this Constitution, women shall have the right to affirmative action for the purpose of redressing the imbalances created by history, tradition or custom.